On behalf of our valued client in Calgary, a construction general contractor, MatchBox Consulting Group is searching for a commercial construction Project Manager.
Scope of Duties and Responsibilities generally described as, but not limited to the following:
- Manage all components of project management (estimates, budget, schedules, procurement, quality and risk)
- Review job file and become familiar with the original estimate, plans and specifications
- Construct the project in accordance with design and budget
- Prepare and update all project documentation including work progress, changes in scope, issues, progress billings etc.
- Prepare, monitor and update project schedules Chair project and site meetings
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions
- Reporting and reviewing office standards with the Superintendents
- Report to, support and receive direction from the Principal
- Approve vendor and sub-payment requests
- Review WIP reports on a monthly basis to ensure project is progressing on budget
- Hold closeout meetings to review outstanding items and deficiency list
- Develop strong client relationships and ensure their expectations are met
- Experience in commercial construction of 5+ years
- University degree or diploma in engineering or construction related field required
- Effective leadership, critical thinking, and ability to problem solve Familiarity with various Microsoft Office application
- Must be willing to travel
- Ability to work closely with Superintendents, Office and Field Staff
- Must have excellent organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills that are required to manage multiple tasks and people.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Valid driver’s license and clean abstract
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...