MatchBox Consulting is seeking a seasoned Project Manager to join one of Western Canada’s largest development and construction organizations. Our client is recognized as one of the best for their incredible work culture and outstanding employee benefits.
They are continuing to grow their Toronto Office to help build out thei exciting pipeline of projects.
The Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing projects from planning, execution to completion stages. Previous experience in commercial/light industrial construction projects at a project management capacity, from start-to-finish, is required. The ideal Project Manager will be capable of multi-tasking between various priorities while training and mentoring junior staff.
- Lead the planning and implementation of assigned projects
- Responsible for the overall project performance including schedule, budget, quality and safety
- Maintain excellent relationships with municipalities, clients, architect, consultants, contractors, and internal project team
- Participate in the review of the project estimate, schedule development, and constructability reviews with Design & Development Team during the Preconstruction period
- Issue RFP’s and engage consultants required for BP coordination and construction administration
- Prepare and obtain Building Permits by coordinating drawings and information required for the application and approval process and assist in obtaining all other municipal permits
- Coordinate with Design and Development Team around overall project planning
- Provide input on the head contract per the requirements of the project
- Define the project approach, scope, and the critical milestones
- Prepare and issue the Project RFP to approved contractors, including scope of work customized for the specific project
- Review RFP responses and provide bid analysis and recommendations for award
- Manage stakeholder and client expectations
- Ensure that site safety, environmental assessments and start up documentation is in place prior to commencement of work on site
- Responsible to obtain project specific insurance and to confirm the required contractor insurance is in place and up to date
- Handle all change orders including tracking, negotiating, processing, and assessing cost and schedule impacts
- Prepare/verify and monitor progress billings from contractors including confirming final holdbacks
- Monitor the progress of the project and adjust as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that the work meets the specifications
- Provide timely and effective project reporting including monthly project status reports, cost forecasting, cash flows, schedule updates, safety and quality updates and issues
- Organize, oversee, and ensure that minutes for applicable meetings are provided for the projects including consultant, contractor, client and internal meetings
- Provide direction and support to Project Coordinators that includes mentoring, coaching, supervising, and assessing performances
- Incorporate the construction department project management standards, procedures, and processes in all aspects of this project
- Understand and enforce contractual responsibilities, contract documents, and provide dispute resolution
- Participate in final inspection of the project along with the Asset Management team and have the contractor correct any remaining deficiencies
- Ensure all required municipal inspections are performed and obtain the required occupancy permits for the project
- Recover all Project Letters of Credit (LOC’s)
- Oversee project closeout and evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase and provide a final report on the lessons learned
- 5+ years of experience as Project Manager in Construction, preferably on Industrial Construction Projects
- Experience with large complex projects
- Post-secondary education in Construction Management, engineering, or equivalent experience
- Passion for construction and project management
- Excellent leadership skills and experience mentoring, managing, motivating, and developing staff
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage, timelines and budgets to ensure delivery of project objectives
- Previous experience in developing detailed project plans using project management tools and methodologies
- A track record of building successful teams, effectively motivating people and maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders
- Strong negotiation and management skills
- Strong planning and execution skills
- Superior analytic, problem solving and judgement skills
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate ideas and actions to those at all levels of the organization
- Experience with process redesign, process mapping and documentation
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, challenging and constantly changing work environment
- Strong technical skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); Procore, Yardi and P6 scheduling software
- Thorough knowledge of construction accounting practices
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com #IND2
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...