Matchbox Consulting Group is currently looking for an Mechanical Project Manager for our client, a very reputable Mechanical Contractor in BC.
The Mechanical Project Manager plays an essential role in the project team, responsible for successfully executing and completing programs and projects of varying degrees of difficulty. This position’s main responsibility is to oversee project execution, from planning, scheduling, and organizing delivery activities to ongoing governance and reporting activities. The role supports all necessary project management processes and procedures for various corporate projects. Furthermore, the Project Manager offers overall support to several Project and Operational Managers, prioritizing tasks according to their significance in the office and region.
The Project Manager also provides overall support to several Project and Operational Managers, according to the relative priority of projects around the office and region.
- Creates and maintains project schedules for own projects and on behalf of other program and project managers
- Provides input on drafting and issuing project proposals, RFP’s, budgets, cash flows, preliminary schedules, and presentations
- Produces and distributes all project data as required
- Collects and centralizes documentation related to the project (e.g. regular status reports, time sheets, expense claims, etc.)
- Monitors and reports on issues and risks associated with the targets and milestones of the project, and suggests and manages risk mitigation actions
- Updates of risk registers, issue logs and decision logs and assists program and project managers with these tasks
- Prepares project organization and communication charts
- Reviews and makes recommendations on quotations, and helps the Business’s Finance and Project administration team(s) and ensure compliance with procurement policies and procedures
- Uses project scheduling and control tools to monitor projects plans, work hours, budgets and expenditures
- Tracks the progress and quality of work being performed by design disciplines and trades
- Reviews field inspection reports from Consultants throughout the lifecycle of the project, and flags important issues (e.g., late deliverables, budget status, missing status reporting, etc.)
- Tracks and manages contemplated change notices and change orders
- Prepares substantial completion certificates and ensures all required project close out documents are obtained
- Assists program managers with the scheduling of meetings, workshops, and other activities both internal and external to the business unit
- Prepares meeting facilities, materials and logistics; plans and prepares meeting agendas, and assists with the coordination of the participants
- Attends meetings as required, performs follow-up on commitments and action items, proactively identifies risks related to timelines for critical path items, identifying task scheduling conflicts, etc.
- Monitors and manages the project’s critical path, including the scheduling and completion of specific deliverables and assists the program and project managers with these tasks
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by and in accordance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental company policies and government legislation/regulations
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality System operating procedures and processes.
- 5-10 years’ experience in HVAC/R and mechanical projects management (Hospital Project Experience would be asset.)
- Trade certification or PMP an asset.
- P.Eng required
- Effective customer service as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications; Procore, Autocad, BIM360, JDE and Excel.
- Demonstrated coordination, organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work within a fast paced environment, and prioritize conflicting demands.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and motivate field technical employees and subcontractors.
- Competitive Salary
- DOE + 5% RRSP
- 100% Employer-paid Extended Health & Dental benefits package
- Life Insurance
- Corporate Vehicle & Phone
- Gas Card.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...