MatchBox Consulting Group is on the hunt for a Project Manager in Montreal, QB. Our client is a privately owned project management and engineering firm operating in various fields including mining, energy, and general industrial sectors. With presence in Canada, United States and the Philippines, they provide professional services and employ global technical expertise to help their clients mitigate risks and maximize value of their projects.
They undertake a varied assortment of projects, such as mineral processing plants, facilities for producing green and blue hydrogen, wastewater treatment plants, technology scale-up, renewable fuels, GHG reduction, power generation facilities, bulk material terminals and food processing plants.
The Project Manager position entails managing multiple small capital projects simultaneously, as well as major projects with a total installed cost up to 200 million. The role involves take chare of strategic, tactical, and managerial aspects related to the project’s execution, stating from the proposal development phase and continuing through start-up and commission. If you are skilled at collaborating effectively with client organizations, creating customized execution strategies, and delivering projects with a high level of certainty, this is the job for you!
- Establish project plan, define goals, staffing, milestones, and deliverables.
- Define project scope, schedule, risk, and budget during bid development.
- Approve work breakdowns, cost estimates, and project changes.
- Build and motivate high-performing teams for project success.
- Control project scope, risks, and commitments.
- Report project performance to clients and stakeholders.
- Act as primary contact for clients with professionalism and problem-solving skills.
- Direct project execution activities and ensure Risk Management systems are implemented.
- Continuously improve project management processes and procedures.
- Monitor project progress and track performance against milestones.
- Take responsibility for Quality Management System and invoicing/receivables.
- Support professional development of project staff through training and mentoring.
- Capture and leverage relevant knowledge through lessons learned processes.
- 10+ years delivering energy projects, major projects (to 200MM TIC), and small brownfield upgrades concurrently.
- Skilled in all project phases and experienced in proposal writing, estimating, and scheduling using MS Projects.
- Preference for experience in renewable energy, co-processing, and carbon capture, as well as lean/agile project management.
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills with commercial and business acumen.
- Ability to motivate and mentor project teams and improve project execution through workflows and procedures.
- PMP Designation and willingness to travel is required.
- Fluency in English, with knowledge of French and other languages as an asset.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...