In partnership with one of the biggest names in Vancouver’s real estate and construction market, Matchbox is sourcing for a Receptionist.
The Receptionist plays a pivotal role in ensuring our client's customer service to both internal and external customers and general administrative support are at the highest level of quality. You are a customer service guru who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Primary responsibilities include ownership of reception, cultivating vendor relationships and providing exceptional client service. You are incredibly pro-active, not afraid to ‘roll-up your sleeves’ and get ANY job done, and you are a master at anticipating needs and expertly navigating ambiguity.
- Welcome visitors in-person or on the telephone; answering/referring inquiries, guiding them to the appropriate meeting rooms, offering refreshments as needed
- Opening/closing duties of the office
- Maintain the reception in a tidy and presentable manner
- Manage a multi-line switchboard and direct callers as appropriate
- Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from clients, business partners, internal employees, and other parties
- Refer inquiries to appropriate individuals, divisions, or departments across the organization
- Administer and manage inbound/outbound mail, including priority post, packages, courier services, and other correspondence such as faxes
- Arrange and book meetings as requested
- Coordination and cataloguing of files stored off-site (Iron Mountain)
- Assist with organizing catered lunches
- Maintain office stationery, washrooms, and kitchen supplies
- Distribution of weekly office snacks; sourcing cost effective options and ordering as required
- Daily servicing of coffee machines; troubleshooting as required
- Ensure cleanliness and professionalism of office environment, including boardroom, lunchroom and kitchen maintenance
- Maintain parking plan and record of users. Arrange for additional parking stalls as required
- Liaise with cleaners and plant maintenance contractors as to added tasks, concerns etc.
- Assist with coordination of office moves
- Update/maintain office seating plan
- Assist with various office duties (filing, document scanning/copying and binding and assembling binders and brochures)
- Support with office fire warden responsibilities, in case of an emergency
- Ensuring all shared spaces are equipped with disinfectant supplies
- Ordering of name plates for new hires
- Coordinating of our BeedieFIT program sign-in sheets
- Coordinate floral arrangements to vendors, employees or clients for special occasions
- Errands as required
- Projects as assigned
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com