MatchBox Consulting Group is conducting an exclusive search for a dynamic Regional General Manager on behalf of our client. They are one of the largest, fastest growing, and most respected scaffolding and access solutions providers in Canada. This role will be split between Port Coquitlam, BC and Calgary, AB.
The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial and growth-focused Leader who will lead their Vancouver location, and oversee all aspects of opening and establishing a new location in Calgary. This Manager will work closely with the leadership group based out of Toronto to help the company continue its expansion in British Columbia and Alberta.
You will be a respected construction professional with a demonstrated background as a leader within the industry. You have built and led complex teams in dynamic environments and you are comfortable in the board room and on the job site and can instill pride of purpose in your team.
You have developed strong financial acumen and will be able to develop and refined budgets, with a keen eye on sustainable growth for the Vancouver branch.
- Assess and enhance team skills and diversity in Vancouver.
- Plan and execute the opening of a new branch in Calgary.
- Recruit and develop a cohesive team, replicate successful processes, and adapt strategies for the Calgary branch.
- Streamline local value chain for efficiency.
- Define a strong local culture and implement engagement programs.
- Ensure safety through regular training and robust protocols.
- Collaborate on a realistic local budget and monitor performance.
- Lead sales efforts, maintain key customer relationships, and identify growth opportunities.
- High school diploma
- 5+ years of leadership experience in a high-growth distribution/ construction/ industrial company with a strong operations orientation.
- 5+ years of experience managing a cross-functional team of at least 12+ employees
- 3+ years of successful P&L management experience, including budgeting and financial management
- Track record for developing and mentoring a diverse team
- Track record for achieving profitable growth in previous roles
- 5+ years of experience with scaffolding or other access solutions (e.g., swing stage, etc) is an asset
- 5-10 years of experience in the construction and manufacturing industry an asset
- Any prior sales, estimating, or customer-facing experience is an asset
- College or university degree in project management, business administration, or another relevant degree an asset
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com