MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Renewable Energy Engineer for a global, award-winning engineering consultancy. With over 50 years of experience in highly complex sectors including energy and infrastructure, they are a highly sought-after organization for some of the world’s toughest projects.
The successful Engineer will join the growing Power Engineering Unit and have the exciting opportunity to support utility and government clients in the transition to an increasingly lower carbon world. Specifically, they will work closely with the team to deliver renewable energy and energy storage projects from conception to completion.
While candidates located in, or able to commute to, the Vancouver office are preferred, those who are able to attend any of our client’s offices across Canada will also be considered.
Sound like the challenge you’ve been waiting for? Don’t miss out!
- Contribute to and manage technical scopes of work associated with energy storage, renewable energy and microgrid projects
- Lead, coordinate, and perform analysis and studies related to the integration of renewable energy technologies and energy storage
- Foster and maintain strong business relationships with clients and support business development initiatives
- Occasional Canadian and international travel to site locations is required.
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary degree in Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years of experience within the renewable energy sector
- Experience in wind or solar energy, microgrid power systems and power conversion systems are assets
- Experience with energy storage is a major asset
- Professional Engineer status or on track to obtain P.Eng. status (EIT) with a Canadian province
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to working within multi-disciplinary teams
- Familiarity with policies, standards, guidelines, rules and regulations as applicable to North American energy markets is an asset
- Familiarity with the following:
- PVsyst, WAsP, and PSCAD
- MATLAB, Python and VBA
- Microsoft excel
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...