Matchbox Consulting is looking for a Senior Accountant for our client, a leading Vancouver Island general contractor. Our client's work spans across Vancouver Island, where they have built a strong reputation for quality work. This position will be based out of their Nanaimo office.
- Process project Accounts Receivable (progress billing) and Accounts Payable including resolving Subcontract and PO discrepancies.
- Collaborate with Project Managers (PM) and Project Coordinators (PC) for monthly reporting requirements including cashflow forecast and variance analysis
- Review labour coding for bi-weekly payroll
- Assist PMs for project closeout
- Assist Controller for ad hoc projects assigned
- Post-secondary education in related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of A/P experience within construction or high-volume accounting environment.
- General accounting knowledge obtained through experience and/or education.
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel.
- Experience in Sage 100 Contractor considered an asset.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well individually and in team.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com