Matchbox Consulting Group is seeking a Senior Accountant. Our client is a leading General Contractor, Design-Builder and Construction Management firm specializing in tilt-up commercial construction.
- Supervision and management of accounting staff.
- Enhance the effectiveness of the accounting department by promoting a culture of cooperation, trust and support.
- Manages Group Health plans & supervises administration of benefits.
- Recommend & implement available technology to increase business process effectiveness.
- General office administration
- Collaborate with management on corporate policies relating to finance or corporate administration
- Banking – Maintain good relations and compliance.
- Risk Management.
- Bonding & Insurance facility management.
- Cash flow management.
- Cash flow projections
- Monitor receivables status.
- Timing of payables release.
- Financial Reporting.
- Month end and year end financial statements.
- Collaborate with external accountant on corporate reporting, finance and tax matters in a timely manner and ensure receipt of unqualified opinions.
- Corporate profitability reporting and analysis.
- Develop annual operating budgets and financial projection.
- Project Accounting.
- Projections and forecasting.
- Design & oversight of billing processes & procedures.
- Review all project billings
- CPA designation
- Previous construction related accounting experience.
- Experience managing the books for mid to large companies.
- Experience with Jonas software preferred
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com