MatchBox Consulting Group is searching a Senior Architectural Technologist in Edmonton, AB. Our client is an innovative Architectural firm known for it’s sustainable and visually appealing designs. They collaborate with their clients to create function and environmental responsible spaces across various sectors, including commercial, multi-family residential, institutional, and mixed-use projects. With a focus on user experience and a commitment to excellence, our client delivers exceptional designs that enhance productivity, well-being, and the overall quality of life.
The Senior Architectural Technologist leads teams in producing detailed contract documents, drawings, and specifications for complex projects. They provide technical support and have a strong grasp of building conceptualization, design, implementation, engineering and construction.
- Manages teams to achieve project goals on multiple large projects
- Establishes, monitors, and reports on project schedule, budget, and workplans
- Collaborates with design staff on code, sustainability, and constructability issues
- Prepares architectural and interior design contract documents
- Conducts on-site verifications and building code reviews
- Oversees production of contract documents and provides mark-ups and sketches
- Coordinates energy performance compliance and appropriate specifications
- Chairs project meetings and prepares documentation for Building Permit applications
- Provides support during contract administration phase, including site meetings and review of shop drawings
- Manages and completes contract administration paperwork and record drawings implementation
- Participates in quality assurance processes and contributes to technical standards development
- Works independently, mentors junior staff, and communicates progress to supervisor
- Supports general office duties and project-specific tasks as needed
- Involved in Design/Development stage and occasionally in Construction Docs phase, with some Construction Admin responsibilities.
- 6-10 year experience in the design/architectural/engineering industry
- Architectural Technology diploma
- Engineering Design and Drafting diploma and/or Autodesk Revit training certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Post-Secondary Diploma from an accredited school or Architectural Technology Program
- Training in architectural technology, building technical design and construction
- Self driven
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...