Matchbox Consulting Group is seeking a Senior CAD Technician for one our respected clients in Calgary. Our client has an immediate opportunity for a Senior CAD Technician in the AutoCAD Civil 3D field. They specialize in multiple sectors of the industry including, civil infrastructure, urban planning, survey geometrics and architectural services.
You will work primarily within a Project Team on a wide range of Land Development and/or Public Sector projects performing AutoCAD Civil 3D drafting work in the team environment.
Our client offers the following:
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits
- Competitive salary that is reflective of your skills/experiences
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible work schedules to promote a healthy work/life balance
- Social and team-building events, including company golf tournaments
- Relocation assistance available for the right candidate
- Prepare engineering base plans from survey information, GIS information, and record drawings.
- Prepare reference plans from consultant plans (Architectural, Landscape Architectural, etc.).
- Set up production drawings such as Cover Sheets, Notes, Key Plans, Roadworks, Storm Sewer, Sanitary Sewer, Water Main, Cross Sections, ESC Plans, Pavement Marking & Signage Plans, Design Details, etc.
- Utilize Civil 3D labels, label styles, and production tools to effectively present the critical information in a visually effective way.
- Utilize and oversee the use of Sheet Set Manager to control large drawing set title blocks and sheet set information within a drawing package.
- Undertake drafting work in accordance with Client, Municipal, and our clients design/drafting standards.
- Complete redlines and plan revisions.
- Collaborate with Project Managers and design staff to provide status updates, discuss challenges, and address plan revisions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- One year CAD certificate from a college or technical school, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience in the field of civil drafting is an asset.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D strongly preferred.
- Commitment to producing consistent, high-quality work.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Ability to accurately interpret redlines and direction.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...