MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Senior Civil Engineer for our client – an up and coming, reputable, and growing engineering consultancy based in the Fraser Valley. Because of their exceptional work with both private and public sector clients, through word of mouth, they’ve quickly amassed a number of high-profile projects with a pipeline of work for at least a decade to come! Despite being founded in 2020, they’ve already become a force to be reckoned within the industry and present a unique opportunity for candidates looking to have more ownership and a faster growth trajectory to their careers.
The Senior Civil Engineer will work directly alongside the owner and be actively involved in all aspects of land development and municipal capital works projects located throughout the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley. What truly makes this role unique though is the fact the owner is looking for his individual to be his ‘prodigy’ so-to-speak and eventually move into partnership. You definitely won’t get that type of opportunity in many organizations.
If you’re an entrepreneurial, highly driven, and passionate Civil/Municipal Engineer who can hit the ground running and is looking for a leadership position with ownership trajectory, this is one role you don’t want to let pass you by.
• Civil engineering design and project management;
• Preparation of reports and studies;
• Preparing and maintaining project schedules and budgets;
• Liaising and interacting with clients, contractors, and municipalities; and
• Engaging in ongoing and active business development.
• 6 years related experience in land development and/or municipal engineering;
• Registration, or eligible for registration with Engineers and Geoscientists BC;
• MUST have experience with sewer design, watermain design, roads, and sidewalks;
• Exceptional knowledge of MMCD and municipality bylaws is an asset
• Strong communication, organizational, and teamwork skills;
• Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple assignments;
• Valid BC Drivers’ License or ability to transfer from another Canadian province
• Ability to work at the Chilliwack office ideally full-time however a hybrid model can be negotiated
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com