Matchbox is seeking a Civil Engineering Technologist to join our client, a newly established engineering firm. This position will support a large volume of community oriented projects.
You will be joining a small, close knit team, primarily responsible for civil design and project management.
- Civil engineering design and project management
- Liaising and interacting with clients, contractors, and municipalities
- Field Reviews
- Construction management assistance
- 5 – 10 years civil engineering design and drafting experience
- Strong Civil3D skills
- Research relevant bylaws and codes, and apply as required to the civil design
- Strong communication, organizational, and teamwork skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple assignments
- Perform basic road designs along with stormwater, potable water and sanitary sewage calculations
- Coordinate civil design with other disciplines: mechanical, electrical, geotechnical, structural etc.
- Project coordination, contract administration and tendering process skills are an asset
- Valid BC Drivers’ License
- Civil engineering technology diploma/certificate
- Additional AutoCAD training a bonus
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com