MatchBox Consulting Group is looking for a Senior Construction Manager to join a Vancouver based Developer that has been developing and building quality projects in the Lower Mainland for 20 years.
- Involvement in pre-construction and design of the project
- Prepare detailed construction budgets including take-offs and estimating
- Assume full responsibility for the execution of the projectCollaborate with the Site Superintendent and trades
- Manage all subcontractor and suppliers to ensure quality control, cost control and schedule;
- Manage the turnover of homes to the home buyers, including creating a turnover schedule, managing the appropriate personnel to perform orientations, and ensuring homes are deficiency free at completion
- Prepare a detailed construction schedule
- Prepare scopes of work, tender out components of work, and prepare all contracts;
- Develop and implement safety plans adhering to zero tolerance for dangerous safety infractions
- Manage and liaise with Worksafe BC officers.
- 8+ years’ experience in a Construction or Project Management role
- Experience in building 4-storey or 6-storey wood frame buildings;
- Proven ability to lead, manage, and mentor a team
- Work with trades and consultants
- Related post-secondary education is an asset;
- Experience working in the Vancouver market is a preferred;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Projects, Auto CAD, MS Excel and Timberline;
- Excellent communication, organization, time management, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Must display a strong work ethic and an interest in multi-family residential development
- Experience in contract administration, shop drawing review and relevant document management
- Strong working knowledge of local construction practice
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...