Matchbox consulting is seeking a Senior Designer to join an experienced architecture firm here in Vancouver. This company is known for their commitment to producing top notch architectural solutions. This is a unique opportunity as you will be working on a diverse range of projects and have a defined career path.
- Take the lead in Schematic Design and Design Development of a project.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders, including clients, engineers, contractors, and urban planners.
- Ensure that designs adhere to local building codes, regulations, and zoning requirements.
- Find creative solutions that address challenges and design constraints.
- Mentor junior architects and designers.
- A minimum of 8 years’ relevant architectural and design experience in the Canadian Architectural Industry (BC experience preferred).
- Graduate of a certified Building Technology or Architectural program in a professionally recognized institution.
- Multi-disciplinary experience, ideally high-rises, townhomes, mixed-use residential and multi-family residential.
- Demonstrated expertise in building technology including wood frame, steel and concrete construction.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Sketchup.
- Excellent communication and presenting skills.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com