MatchBox Consulting Group is on the hunt for a Senior Ecologist for our client, an employee-owned environmental consultancy that provides environmental, health and engineering services across Western Canada. With over 20 years in the industry, they are known for their credibility, integrity, and technical competence.
Location: This individual can be in Calgary, Sherwood Park, Grand Prairie, British Columbia, or Saskatchewan.
- Expand and lead the Human and Ecological Health team to meet evolving market demands.
- Manage various projects related to human and ecological health, such as risk assessments, guideline development, and report writing.
- Cultivate relationships with new and existing clients to increase business
- Develop proposals, cost estimates, work scopes, and execution plans.
- Interpret and apply relevant regulatory guidelines.
- Train and mentor other professionals in human and ecological health.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required.
- Master’s degree in environmental sciences, toxicology, biology or related fields.
- 8+ years of leading human and ecological risk assessments, toxicological evaluations, and guideline development.
- Eligible for membership in professional organizations and designations such as P.Bio., R.P.Bio., P.Chem., QP, CSAP, or APEGS/APEGA/EGBC/APEGM.
- Resource-based industry experience is an asset, particularly in mining, oil and gas, and petrochemicals.
- Familiar with federal and provincial human and ecological risk assessment and health impact assessment requirements.
- Service-oriented approach and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Motivated to seek new challenges and improve existing processes and tools.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...