MatchBox Consulting Group is looking for a Senior Environmental Engineer to join our client, an environmental consulting who provides innovative and sustainable solutions to clients across various industries. They offer a range of services, including environmental assessments, environmental management systems, regulatory compliance, site remediation, sustainability consulting and training and education.
This position can be located in: Calgary, Edmonton, Grand Prairie, Saskatoon or Victoria
As a member of the Brownfield Assessment & Development team, the Senior Environmental Engineer will deliver environmental site assessment, remediation and re-development services to clients across Western Canada. This position prioritizes outstanding project management services and promotes the mentorship and development of junior staff.
- Create conditions for long-term repeat business by contributing to, implementing, and maintaining client business growth plans.
- Manage a diverse range of clients and project portfolios.
- Establish and maintain direct communication with clients and stakeholders.
- Communicate client intelligence to management/executives and collaborate on developing appropriate responses.
- Facilitate business development opportunities by working with the Business Development team, networking, meeting with potential clients, and providing technical resources and client intelligence.
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance for assessment and risk projects, including reviewing files, compiling complex data sets, developing conceptual site models, and creating innovative solutions/recommendations to manage contaminated sites.
- Develop technical resources and training programs to enhance the company’s internal capabilities.
- Lead senior review and provide technical direction in preparing proposals and work scopes for assessment and risk projects.
- Take on a leadership role in risk assessment projects for complex sites.
- Conduct technical reviews and approve reports prepared by other assessment and risk project staff.
- 8-10 years of directly related experience in executing and managing site assessments and reclamation.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in environmental sciences, engineering, or similar. Previous experience as Environmental Scientist, Environmental Engineer, or Environmental PM apply.
- Eligibility for membership in a professional organization such as AIA, ASPB, or APEGA/EGBC.
- A valid Class 5 driver’s license and a willingness to travel as required.
- An understanding of the Alberta Tier 1 and Tier 2 Risk Assessment guidance documents and/or equivalent documents from other jurisdictions as required.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...