MatchBox Consulting Group is on the hunt for a Senior Estimator in Toronto, ON. Our client is a dynamic, multi-disciplined General Contractor, expanding into the Ontario market. They specialize in diverse core business units, including Water and Wastewater, Civil Infrastructure, Concrete and Earthworks, Industrial Process, Institutional and Government projects, Design Build, and Remote Access Locations.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you'll focus on estimating municipal, federal, and infrastructure projects in Eastern Canada's public and private sectors. As a senior-level estimator, you'll play a pivotal role in their growth, leading procurement and team-building efforts. You’ll be a key player in their expansion plans, with ample opportunities for career advancement within our organization.
If you're driven and looking to unlock your career potential, this could be the job for you.
- Assess project details and scope for accurate estimates.
- Optimize vendor and subcontractor selection for cost-efficiency.
- Manage risks and contracts as needed.
- Calculate discipline estimates and review subcontractor lists.
- Recommend cost-effective design solutions.
- Monitor scope changes, advise on adjustments, and research construction methods for efficiency.
- Minimum 5 years of estimating and cost control experience, including 3 years in infrastructure and 3 years in commercial construction.
- Proficiency in MS Project, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with B2W or HeavyBid software preferred.
- Technical knowledge in bidding design-build projects in Canada is a plus.
- Expertise in commercial/industrial construction, earthworks, concrete structures, and civil projects.
- Mechanical/process mechanical experience and remote project logistics understanding are advantageous.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com