Matchbox Consulting is searching for a Senior Financial Analyst for our client, a leading real estate developer located in Victoria BC. Our client is deeply committed to increasing the quality of housing and communities across Greater
Victoria. They believe that fostering community is about more than simply building homes. This is a great opportunity to work with a strong team and continue growing your career with an up and coming company.
- Ensures conformity across the all aspects of the business to all accounting and finance related policy and systems.
- Oversees the company’s financial statements and reporting, general ledger, cost accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, tax compliance, and various special analyses for our associated companies.
- Oversees the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, and reports variances.
- Oversees the preparation and publication of timely monthly, quarterly and annual statements.
- Drives the financial health of the company by analyzing its performance and risks.
- In coordination with the Controller, works directly with the external accountant for preparation of year-end statements.
- Ensures quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Ensures company compliance with local, provincial, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Supports continual evaluation of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Provides mentorship for continued growth of the Controller.
- Oversees all internal control operations of the company including finance IT system.
- Develops annual budgeting processes and systems; evaluates and analyzes any deviations to the budget on a monthly basis.
- Develops and manages project proforma and financial modeling.
- Creates, analyzes and updates corporate and project cash flows and capital profiles for real estate development projects across asset classes with particular focus on residential, retail and office
- Establishes profitability standards and sets financial goals for the company and projects.
- Develops corporate and project fundraising strategies and manages relationships with lenders and investors.
- Provides support for the underwriting, due diligence, negotiation and placement of land and pre-development loans, construction facilities, term loans, and equity partnerships.
- Creates a reporting system and evaluates project performance with project management professionals.
- Reports all financial and project discrepancies or report findings to senior leadership team.
- Establishes and controls project budgets across all departments.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) and a post-secondary degree in finance, business administration or economics.
- A highly successful career featuring progressive experience at the management level in the construction and development industry, with proven expertise in dealing with diverse shareholders.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and manage change in a finance department and across the organization. Enjoys working in a growing, evolving and dynamic environment.
- Able to build and successfully integrate new financial processes and policies. Consistently strives for better performance and having a positive impact on business results.
- Proven success in the delivery of financial information to senior management, boards and board committees.
- In depth expertise in modeling, forecasting, and planning. Proven experience in conducting the actual work project.
- Demonstrated history of achieving financial reports that allow for business improvement.
- Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills; very solutions-focused and results-oriented.
- Has delivered consistent financial information in a time sensitive environment.
- Able to identify potential emerging financial and business issues and deal effectively with them while exercising tact and diplomacy.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com #IND2