Are you passionate about the environment and, more specifically, fish habitat? Have you been seeking an opportunity to contribute your knowledge, experience, and passion to an organization whose whole mission revolves around environmental sustainability?
MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Senior Fisheries Engineer with a background in environmental or hydrotechnical engineering for our client – a science-based environmental consultancy headquartered in Vancouver. With over 20 years of industry experience and offices spanning Western Canada, our client is the go-to contact for government and industry players alike in their pursuit of delivering green, sustainable developments.
The Senior Fisheries Engineer will join a team of experienced and highly skilled professionals to lead projects focused on river engineering, fish habitat restoration, geomorphology, and natural stream channel design. Additionally, they will play a key role in the continued growth of the team, business development, and R&D. As such, this role requires someone who possesses technical expertise, experience working in multi-disciplinary projects, and strong leadership skills.
The location of this job is flexible, based out of one of our client’s office locations in Western Canada. Remote work is also a possibility for top candidates.
If you’ve been waiting for a role to arise that offers leadership, the potential to work on highly impactful environmental projects, and to be part of a reputable, sought-after company for both candidates and clients alike, this is one role you definitely don’t want to sleep on!
• Lead or contribute to projects focused on river engineering, fish habitat restoration, geomorphology, and natural stream channel design.
• Provide technical expertise in multi-disciplinary project teams to identify, develop, design, and execute projects.
• Take part in business development, R&D, and internal process development related to engineering and restoration projects.
• Degree in civil or water resource engineering, graduate degree considered an asset.
• P.Eng. with experience on design and implementation of water resources projects with a focus on geomorphology, river engineering, fish habitat restoration, and natural stream channel design.
• Works well in an interdisciplinary team including biologists, other professionals, contractors, and stakeholders.
• Familiarity with stream restoration, fish habitat analysis, hydrotechnical analysis
The following experience would be an asset:
• Consulting experience in Canada
• Field experience
• Construction contract management and overseeing construction contractors during the construction of in-stream works
• Pacific Salmon and habitats
• Hydraulic modelling, and hydraulic structures design
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com #IND1