- Develop front end applications and work on services.
- Code-review other developers' code.
- Write technical documentation, tests and stories.
- Participate in design and requirements workshops, stand-ups, retrospectives.
- Participate in developer roundtable sessions to help improve our process, tooling and techniques.
- Manage deployments of features to production.
- Shape and continuously improve our development process.
- Coach junior developers and assist with regular lunch and learn sessions
- Working with designers to transform mockups into functional user interfaces.
- Experience with UI state management (e.g. with Redux).
- Proven experience styling front end applications with CSS and/or SASS.
- Able to present your ideas and code to other members of the team.
- Able to work with testing frameworks
- Can clearly present your ideas and code to other developers, and accepting and incorporating constructive feedback for further iterations.
Nice to have:
- Experience with analytics tooling.
- Experience with Lambda and AWS.
- Experience with financial software or working in the Fintech world
- Understanding of Agile / Scrum practices
- Experience with paired programming and other extreme programming practices
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com