MatchBox Consulting is seeking a Senior Manager of Developments and Acquisitions for our client, a leading real estate development company based in Vancouver, BC. Our client develops prominent high-rise projects and has consistently delivered award-winning projects with a significant presence throughout Vancouver.
The Senior Development and Acquisitions Manager will be responsible for leading development projects by implementing the company’s development processes and serving as the primary contact for all project stakeholders. This unique opportunity is best suited to a proactive, driven, and analytical individual with excellent communication skills, who possesses expertise in both acquisitions and development.
- Lead the development team and drive the entire development process, overseeing project schedules, budgets, and key deliverables including drawings, permits, and budgets.
- Manage and execute the development process from start to finish, emphasizing design excellence and conducting thorough reviews of drawing quality.
- Plan and schedule project timelines, cash flows, and milestones, ensuring the successful achievement of project milestones.
- Monitor and control the development budget by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide guidance on land and property acquisition and planning. Identify engineering opportunities, address risks and issues, especially during conceptual design and DP phases.
- Build a strong and cohesive project team by taking a leadership role and capitalizing on individual and group strengths to achieve project targets.
- Assist in regularly assessing, clarifying, and validating team needs. Build team relationships to better understand specific needs and identify professional development opportunities.
- Participate in and enhance management processes for project workflow, including design processes, scheduling, RFPs, tendering, contracts, drawing review, owner approvals, permits and approvals, financial applications, and project reporting.
- Evaluate potential real estate acquisition opportunities, considering profitability and growth for the Company.
- Manage project feasibility and due diligence before subject removal.
- Lead the acquisition process for development lands suited for multi-residential, office, commercial, and industrial development properties to drive stable, long-term growth.
- Analyze proformas to identify false or risky assumptions, make necessary adjustments to mitigate acquisition risks, and improve project profitability.
- Provide timely and precise assessments of real estate trends and forecasts.
- Strengthen relationships with brokers and real estate professionals in the market to stay current with knowledge of off-market deals aligning with the company’s portfolio and vision.
- A degree in Real Estate, Urban Planning, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in diverse asset classes, including multi-family residential and commercial projects.
- Proven ability to prepare and develop proformas, demonstrating a robust analytical mindset.
- Comprehensive understanding and hands-on experience in developing, assessing, and evaluating the feasibility of proformas.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on data-driven decision-making.
For more current job opportunities, Follow MatchBox at linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment/
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivaled expertise with our team's extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application. This position is open exclusively to individuals residing in Canada and legally authorized to work in Canada. Applications not meeting these criteria will not be considered.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com