MatchBox Consulting is seeking a Senior Manager of Acquisitions for our client, a leading real estate development company based in Vancouver, BC. Our client has consistently delivered award-winning projects and has a significant presence throughout Vancouver.
The successful candidate will be responsible for researching, evaluating, and analyzing development opportunities that result in the most favourable project acquisition and development decisions. The Senior Manager of Acquisitions will display excellent analytical skills, a strong understanding of performa building and review, and an exceptional ability to build professional relationships and source deals.
- Evaluate and assess potential real estate acquisition opportunities, development, and redevelopment, taking into account profitability and growth prospects for the company.
- Take a leading role in acquiring and/or participating in the development of lands suitable for multi-residential, office, commercial, and industrial properties, aiming for stable, long-term growth.
- Acquire income-producing assets that meet the company’s investment criteria if necessary.
- Possessing exposure to phased-scale projects is an asset.
- Demonstrate the ability to thoroughly analyze and scrutinize project proformas to identify inaccurate or risky assumptions, make necessary adjustments to mitigate acquisition risks, and enhance project profitability.
- Provide strategic recommendations to enhance the company’s asset portfolio and mitigate risks effectively.
- Offer timely and accurate analysis of real estate trends and forecasts, and provide executive management with informed advice regarding the implications of real estate changes and developments.
- Foster and cultivate relationships with brokers and real estate professionals in the market to stay abreast of off-market deals that align with the company’s portfolio and company vision.
- Establish a comprehensive database containing pertinent, reliable, and up-to-date data on all available projects, costs, etc., in the current Greater Vancouver real estate market.
- Continuously update and manage the database for real estate portfolio statistics/data, forecasting, budgeting, and reporting.
- Degree in Finance, MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience in a developer capacity.
- Solid Proforma skills in Excel.
- Ability to facilitate and negotiate effectively with brokers and landowners.
- Ability to work independently and lead a small acquisitions team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in presenting analytical work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop effective working relationships with the brokerage community, executive members and partners.
- Understanding of confidentiality and the ability to professionally handle confidential and sensitive negotiations.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com