MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Manager to join the growing Victoria, BC office of one of Western Canada’s most reputable full-service mechanical consulting engineering firms. With over 15 years of industry expertise specializing in efficient, sustainable designs for clients across a diverse range of sectors, they’ve crafted a robust name thanks to their commitment to building legacy and ability to tackle complex projects.
The Senior Mechanical Design Manager will join a growing team of motivated, dynamic, and collaborative professionals and contribute their client facing and technical skills to a variety of projects within sectors including, but not limited to, Transportation, Government, Education, Healthcare, Hotels, Residential, and Mission Critical/Data.
In addition to the culture and project diversity, our client is known for their commitment to their employees as evidenced by their compensation package and succession planning which, in addition to a competitive base salary, consists of bonus, top tier benefits, enviable vacation/flex days, RRSP, Share Ownership, and Education Reimbursements.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to live and work in one of Canada’s most sought-after cities with an organization who offers unlimited growth and a culture who truly embodies family, this is one opportunity you don’t want to miss.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the field of engineering.
- Conducting client meetings, preparing correspondence, reports, specifications and meeting minutes.
- Maintain effective liaison with clients, developers, consultants, agencies and the public either in concert with the principal-in-charge or independently on behalf of the practice
- Leading the design and construction administration process on your assigned projects from Schematic Design through to Project Close-out
- Directing staff on projects, assigning and reviewing work, and advising on technical problems.
- Establish and maintain project criteria by means of team-based communication
- Establish and monitor internal budgets and project delivery schedules
- Motivate teams toward performance excellence in all assigned tasks
- Contribute to company-wide initiatives for the development of new systems and standards
- Minimum of 7 years of mechanical HVAC, plumbing and fire protection experience in design, project management and client relations
- Relevant degree or diploma in mechanical engineering (or one of the other disciplines), or architectural design and construction management.
- Must have exceptional communication skills – verbal, written, and presentation
- Experience with industry software, such as Revit, AutoCAD, IESve, HAP, Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships with all employees, clients, colleagues, and municipal agencies.
- P.Eng. or Professional Technologist designation preferred however not mandatory.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments and conflicting priorities
- Interest/experience in the application of green engineering principles; LEED® certification, Certified Passive House Designer certification, and experience with Net Zero design are all assets.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...