MatchBox Consulting is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer for one of our clients who are globally recognized for their innovative and visually stunning mass timber projects in Canada, the US, and Asia.
The Senior Structural Engineer will lead teams of project engineers working on creative structures with some of North America and Europe’s foremost architects. You will be working closely with architects and detailing and project management teams, to create efficient and practical designs for structures of all scales and complexities.
- Concept scheming and sketching to create innovative structural solutions with architects and designers
- Leading and managing multiple teams of project engineers, drafters and designers, and performing quality control with assembly and fabrication teams
- Leading involvement in client meetings and the facilitation of creative solutions to design issues and challenges
- Providing engineering reports to clients, structural advice on the construction and design of projects and devising modifications as necessary
- Performing concept level and detailed structural design and detailing, including calculations, sketches, and static/dynamic finite element modelling in both pre-construction and construction phases, under the mentorship of the Engineering Manager
- Liaising with internal project management, shop, and site teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and budget, and meet fabrication and erection constraints
- Visiting mass timber project sites across North America (remote or in-person when possible) to conduct field reviews and work with our install team on the ground at each project
- Reviewing project requirements to provide estimates on quantities and costs of materials, equipment and labor and input on construction and development budgets
- Mentoring junior structural engineers and developing our technical knowledge base
- Master’s or Doctorate Degree in Civil Engineering (or a related Engineering Degree).
- At least 8 years of experience working as structural engineer (minimum 5 years of experience in timber engineering). Experience with seismic design in Canada / USA or abroad is an asset.
- PE, P.Eng., or MIStructE or eligible for accreditation within 6 months of start date. SE is an asset.
- Experience leading the design of large building projects, working with architects and clients to achieve pragmatic and cost-effective solutions
- Knowledge and use of Canadian, American, and European codes an asset
- Experience with Finite Element software (SAP2000, R-FEM, ETABS), and significant experience with Excel (performing calculations). Experience working with 3D modelling software such as Rhino /Grasshopper /AutoCAD is an asset.
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...