Matchbox Consulting Group is currently searching for a Superintendent for a general contractor in Burnaby to join our client’s ICI construction team. This organization is looking for a talented individual to join their close-knit team and focuses on building a working environment that promotes innovation, creativity and collaboration.
Role and Responsibilities
- Managing and supervising all construction site activities on a multifamily construction project.
- Providing supervision of construction staff and sub-trade staff and providing safety leadership.
- Maintain the construction schedule and identifying deficiencies or issues.
- Maintaining an organized, clean, and efficient multifamily job site, while ensuring compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Contributing to a culture of professional project delivery by establishing behavioural guidelines, best practices, and a system of accountability.
Experience and Knowledge
- Demonstrated progressive experience in general contracting as a superintendent in multifamily or commercial construction.
- Trade background in carpentry and/or Gold Seal Certification is considered an asset.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Well-developed and adaptable communication and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Familiarity with MS Project and SiteMax is an asset.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com #IND1