On behalf of our client, MatchBox is hiring a Senior Superintendent focused in multi-family wood frame construction, where you will play a pivotal role in on-site project management. Reporting to the Project Manager and the VP of Construction, you will oversee all aspects of the work site, ensuring effective coordination, safety compliance, and adherence to project specifications. This role demands excellent time management, proactive communication, leadership, and a keen attention to detail. You are someone who excels in both independent and team environments, demonstrating strong organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to adapt seamlessly into fast-paced settings. Your analytical thinking and capacity to manage complex tasks with advanced planning will be essential, all while maintaining a professional demeanor and fostering a collaborative atmosphere among stakeholders.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure safety, cost control, quality, record keeping, and schedule compliance on the construction site.
- Efficiently manage the workforce, equipment, materials, and trade contractors to meet project specifications.
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Trade Contractors, Consultants, Inspectors, and Regulatory Agencies to execute project plans and ensure initial work quality.
- Develop and maintain project schedules and construction sequencing in coordination with Project Managers.
- Attain project schedule milestones by planning ahead and identifying weekly deliverables for staff and trade contractors.
- Organize daily foreman review meetings to ensure on-time task completion and trade coordination.
- Oversee Project Record Documents, including detailed site reports, progress photos, site as-built drawings, timesheets, and more.
- Assist with bid clarification for trade contractors, covering scope of work, costs, and scheduling.
- Implement health, safety, and environmental procedures in compliance with regulations and company policies.
- Foster positive relationships with clients, sub-trades, consultants, City Inspectors/Safety Code Officers, and employees, emphasizing mutual trust and respect.
- Demonstrated passion for the project and team collaboration is essential, as teamwork is highly valued.
- Seeking candidates interested in long-term employment and commitment to the company culture.
- Preference for candidates with Journeymen experience/background.
- Operational experience, particularly from construction management or project management
- Clear and effective communication skills.
*This role involves working in all weather conditions, travel to job sites is necessary and requires a valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com