MatchBox Consulting Group is urgently searching for a Senior System & Citrix NetScaler Administrator for one of their Managed Service Provider clients who specialize in Infrastructure related projects.
This role is a hybrid WFH / Work from office in Surrey.
Salary Range: $90,000-$100,000 Annually
- Provides third level support for troubleshooting of user access, system availability, and performance issues with core infrastructure systems including Virtual Apps and Virtual Desktops, Cloud Services, Citrix and NetScaler.
- Identifies, reviews and revises server administration processes/procedures to ensure optimal levels of support.
- Researches, analyzes and recommends changes for future system growth by utilizing industry standard monitoring/research tools.
- Recommends security management practices, including the ongoing promotion of awareness on current threats, auditing of server logs and other security management processes, as well as following established security standards.
- Provide and maintain Windows Active Directory infrastructure in large enterprise environment.
- Administer and manage Azure / M365 base applications.
- Prepare and maintain detailed documentation and standards diagrams.
- Provide guidance in the completion of health checks and performance and capacity reporting.
- Take ownership of all assigned tasks and drive to resolution, researching and escalating to vendor as necessary.
- Act as a subject matter expert and mentor to other team members, as assigned, and to develop internal certification criteria and curriculum.
- Enforce and follow ITSM policies, procedures and best practices.
- After hours and on-call support
Desired /Required skills and Qualifications
- A Computer Science degree or equivalent in real-world experience 5-7+
- Solid experience in managing Citrix and NetScaler in HA configuration.
- Experience with Microsoft System Center SCCM & SCOM monitoring.
- A superior knowledge of Microsoft Azure, InTune, ATP (SCEP), Cloud Computing, Microsoft 365 and MFA.
- A superior understanding of Windows Operating Systems including Active Directory Services GPO, DNS, DHCP, clustering services, Windows Security, deployment services, DFS and other Microsoft Infrastructure services/futures and to be able to analyze and troubleshoot complex problems.
- Strong knowledge in PowerShell and scripting,
- Experience with VMWare virtualization managing 1000+ virtual servers and Citrix VDI.
- An understanding and experience setting up Disaster Recovery (DR) solutions.
- 3-5+ years' experience managing Windows server and Active Directory
- 3-5+ years' experience managing Citrix and NetScaler
- 3-4+ years' experience managing Microsoft System Center (SCCM & SCOM)
- 2-3+ years' experience managing VMware virtualization 6.x & 7.x
- Experience with HPE Synergy, SimpliVity, Cisco UCS server and enclosure hardware platform
- Excellent technical design and documentation skills and be able to mentor other team members and help with the design and build of various solutions.
- A strong understanding of backup and recovery processes and applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences.
- Superior organization skills and a strong attention to detail.
- A willingness to learn new technologies while working in a fast paste-changing environment.
- Be effective at managing multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meeting deadlines and working well under pressure, along with proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- A strong understanding of ITIL practices.
- Project management experience and skills is an asset.
- Excellent customer service skills and a strong ability to diffuse tense customer situations and project a positive, confident outlook.
For more current job opportunities, Follow MatchBox at linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment/
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivaled expertise with our team's extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application. This position is open exclusively to individuals residing in Canada and legally authorized to work in Canada. Applications not meeting these criteria will not be considered.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com