On behalf of our clients, Matchbox Consulting is seeking a Site Superintendent for a predominate developer in Victoria, BC. The client is established across southern Vancouver Island and has projects spanning from Sooke to Victoria.
- Manage own forces, sub-contractors, suppliers and trades within the design intent.
- Work with Development managers, Project managers and Sales Team to ensure the project is built correctly and to Abstract standards.
- Manage construction budget, identify variances, and where possible implement corrective actions.
- Produce a weekly project update to Sr Superintendents (Field Operations Manager) and Project Managers.
- Review construction site and conduct daily inspections, minimum weekly safety inspections, weekly trade meetings and bi-weekly consultant and owner meetings.
- Maintain a daily diary noting work done each day on site including applicable trade work, weather and temperature must be recorded.
- Prevent fines and interruptions by complying with, and enforcing, codes and bylaws.
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations of WorkSafe and company safety program
- Implement and drive the master construction schedule, update the schedule monthly with the Project Manager.
- Construction sequencing planning, in concert with Project Managers, issue RFIs in a timely manner to ensure consultants have specified timeliness for a response.
- Write POs and reconcile invoices with the accounting department.
- Track site staff time and enter into accounting with correct labor costs.
- Be aware of and ensure site is compliant with company policies and procedures
- Provide leadership to site staff, contractors, trades, suppliers, etc.
- Coordinate the design drawings and specifications between design disciplines, development intent and Sales customizations to provide the purchasing client with the best possible construction product and experience.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
- 5 years minimum as a Field Worker/Supervisor on construction projects required. (i.e. construction projects related to custom homes, commercial developments, wood frame multi-family projects, etc.) preference for those with experience in a foreman, assistant superintendent or superintendent role.
- Preference will be given to those with wood framed, multi-family or developer experience.
- Must have recent, related experience and proficiency in all divisions of work, methods, materials, scheduling, and cost control
- Professional Development – a track record of remaining current on industry developments, new products, etc.
- Knowledge of construction management tools and techniques, such as scope definition, RFIs, Sis, changes, project scheduling, critical path, estimating, budgeting, reporting, and cost control
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com