Matchbox Consulting Group is seeking a Site Superintendent to join one of our clients. The company is one of the largest integrated development, design and construction firms in Western Canada, providing solutions to clients in the Industrial, Institutional, Building Renewal, Commercial, Retail and Residential sectors. In an industry driven by traditional market practices, they focus on innovation, service integration and technology to create efficiencies and savings
the client maintains a distinctly entrepreneurial culture and is a tech-forward, innovative, sustainable and award-winning organization focused on success for clients and staff alike.
As the Site Superintendent, you will manage all on-site activities, ensuring project construction is executed in a safe, timely and efficient manner while maintaining quality assurance and integrity of design. You will work closely with the Construction Manager (CM) and participate as part of the project team.
• Meet or beat the project milestones and schedule
• Participate in the Project Kick-off Meeting, develop and present “Look Ahead” schedule at weekly trade meetings and develop an action plan in the event of schedule slippage
• Achieve the project budget and meet or exceed target net margin Manage the General Conditions and track the budget regularly
• Deliver scope while meeting or exceeding Design's and Client's quality, fit and finish expectations
• Ensure the client abides by Health and Safety Program requirements without exception
• Work with the CM to prepare summary scopes of work
• Responsible for site-set up – prepare site set up plan, complete Project start-up checklist and confirm that the Building Permit is in place
• Prepare daily reports and follow up with the team on action items
• Ensure IFC Drawings and latest control documents are on sire and kept up to date
• Review the accuracy of shop drawings, change orders, CCNs, SI's, RFI's and comments as required
• Accountable for company equipment and tools assigned to the project
• Prepare site purchase order requests
• Manage sub contractor and Own Forces trades on site and chair weekly trade meetings
• Coordinate project workforce needs with General Superintendent
• Prepare a Limited Supervision Plan for small projects
• Act as a mentor to team members through sharing experiences, skills and knowledge
• 5+ years experience with a design-builder or general contractor
• Possess a Trade Qualification Certificate or diploma or degree in Engineering, Construction or Project Management
• Gold Seal Intern or Gold Seal Certified
• Experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment
• Experience in site management, estimating and construction administration
• Experience in light industrial tilt-up concrete projects
• Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Competent in Estimating and Take-off and MS Project to track, plan and coordinate projects
• Knowledge of Provincial Building Codes, Building Envelope, Timberline and contract law
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...