On behalf of our client, Matchbox Consulting Group is pleased to announce a search for a Mechanical Superintendent to work on multi-family, office and mixed-use commercial projects in the Greater Vancouver Area.
With access to some of the city's largest and most iconic projects, this is an amazing opportunity to join some the best and brightest in the business.
Who We Are
- A naturally collaborative individual with a desire to solve big problems
- A desire to create buildings with true human and commercial value
- A “make it happen” attitude
- competitive wages and comprehensive benefits ,
- journeyman RRSP contributions,
- site lunches and team building activities
- employee development through individualized training allowances, performance reviews & goal-setting, tool discounts, parking reimbursements, and much more.
- 5 years’ experience in similar role
- 10+ years in the mechanical industry (preferably in BC) in residential construction
- Engaging personality with a solution-driven approach to complex challenges
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills; the ability to strengthen and maintain valuable relationships with vendors, subtrades and clients
- Good understanding of construction documents and the ability to review for accuracy and constructability
- Communicate clearly staff expectations and develop performance measurements and incentives
- Knowledge of finance and budget management, including the ability to plan ahead with project teams to avoid costly issues and project delays
- Emotional intelligence, including the ability to prioritize “morale” and team-building as a crucial element of productivity
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment, quality management, health and safety best practices and extensive plumbing code knowledge
- Red Seal Plumber & Class B or Class A Gas Fitter
- Ability to read all disciplines construction drawings, plans and blueprints
- Serve as the liaison between our Project Management Team and our Field Team to ensure compliance of construction with drawings, specs, and code/quality standards
- Monitor work performance and efficiency of field staff, subcontractors, and suppliers to ensure project plans and schedules are followed effectively and within budget
- Plan the mechanical components of a construction project and prepare a construction schedule in partnership with the Project Manager.
- Review the budget and the underlying estimate to understand the project, and plan ahead to avoid cost overruns and/or project delays
- Advise senior management of potential problems, work interferences or schedule difficulties while assisting in resolving these conflicts
- Anticipate problems or challenges, propose innovative solutions, and ensure solutions are consistent with project objectives
- Inspect and report on project progress, equipment and materials to Project Management Team
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of Information Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
For additional opportunities and relevant news feed, please VISIT us at http://www.matchboxhr.com and FOLLOW MatchBox on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...