Matchbox Consulting Group is looking for a Site Supervisor or Superintendent in Edmonton.
Role and Responsibilities
- Supervision of the actual physical construction of the project in strict accordance with the contract documents.
- Verification of safety compliance with all trades.
- Maintenance and planning of reports, workarounds, shutdowns and tie-ins.
- Resolution of jurisdictional disputes; enforcement of safety and quality-control policies.
- Direction and day-to-day coordination of trade contractors — and their sub-contractors when required — to ensure they turn out high-quality work that meets the approved project schedule.
- Establish & maintain positive relationships with owners, subcontractors, unions, etc.
- Managing the day-to-day field activities to ensure that the project milestone dates, and overall schedule completion date is met
- Creating short-interval look-ahead project schedules that make sure that upcoming events are communicated, tracked and are being proactively attended to
- Creating and maintaining a culture that values safety, health and cleanliness
- Managing and coordinating the work to ensure that it is constructed in an orderly and deliberate manner that is consistent with the standard-of-care set forth in the contract documents that is viewed by industry as an effort that is consistent with best-practices standards
- Establishing and maintaining all dimensional controls for the project to include the use of third-party survey and layout personnel when appropriate
- Verifying that all work is installed in a workmanlike manner
- Manage and look-ahead no less than two weeks to proactively identifying issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions
- Obtaining all inspections and ensuring that the quality aspects of the physical work are fully documented
- Ensuring all aspects of the project are compliant with all contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project and the community in which the project(s) takes place
- Administering client specific programs, such as CQC, Safety, Environmental Stewardship, etc.
- Conducting and/or attending pre-construction, progress and other project and staff meetings
- Conducting and/or participating in regularly held meetings involving TMG internal staff and external stake holders such as owners, subcontractors, etc.
- Meeting with client representatives on a regular basis to discuss the status of projects, to proactively identify and resolve problems and to assure that the client is kept knowledgeable about the status of the work
- Managing self-performed activities to ensure that work is being performed within the established project budget
- Managing changes in project scope to ensure that the most contemporary contract documents are being used at all times to prevent avoidable rework
- Managing scopes of work to ensure that they are being fully completed correctly and efficiently.
- Managing the punch list and project closeout process to assure timely completion
- Maintaining daily paperwork such as timecards, field reports, schedule updates and E-mail correspondence
- Providing timely and cordial interaction with all other departments
- Understands means and methods of construction associated with multi-family mixed use construction as well as CRU experience including associated site works.
- Understands the sequencing of work and the strategy of creating effective project schedules
- Understands project control and change order management
- Ability to read and thoroughly understand Construction Documents and Blueprints
- Project scheduling
- Commitment to quality
- Team Building
- Implementation and enforcement of site safety policies and procedures
- Red Seal Journeyman Certificate or combination of education and experience
- 5 – 8 years construction experience
- Leadership, problem-solving ability and skilled in being pro-active
- Effective communicator
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience in meeting deadlines
- The ability and confidence to make timely decisions with consideration of all known impacts and/or influences and act on them
- Ability to set and meet goals
- Must have experience and proficiency in all scope divisions of work, methods, materials, scheduling, and cost control.
- Demonstrated fiscal responsibility
- Organizational, Computer, Drafting and Communication skills
- Demonstrate proficiency and understanding of the management of site logistics on multiple types of construction sites.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of Information Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
For additional opportunities and relevant news feed, please VISIT us at http://www.matchboxhr.com and FOLLOW MatchBox on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...