Are you an experienced and passionate Senior Interior Designer with a strong background in hospitality design? Do you thrive in a collaborative and creative work environment? If so, we invite you to join our client, a boutique architecture and interior design firm that takes an integrated approach to design. Their portfolio spans across Canada and the US, and they specialize in creating timeless and engaging design solutions, with a particular emphasis on the hospitality sector.
Role and Responsibilities:
As a Senior Interior Designer, you will play a pivotal role in project teams, taking the lead in various design phases and contributing to the development of design concepts. You will be responsible for:
- Developing and executing innovative design solutions while adhering to building codes, zoning regulations, and construction standards.
- Leading project teams through all design stages and fostering a creative and collaborative environment.
- Presenting design concepts to clients effectively, conveying our vision, programming, and design details.
- Upholding our firm’s design philosophy and ensuring a high level of design quality in all projects.
- Mentoring and managing staff, contributing to their growth and development.
- A university degree in Interior Design.
- 8-10 years of experience with a robust hospitality design portfolio.
- A holistic and strategic approach to design, project management, and technical problem-solving.
- The ability to balance both the macro and micro aspects of design.
- Strong project management and leadership skills.
- Exceptional organizational abilities, enabling you to thrive in a fast-paced environment with diverse project typologies.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Confidence, efficiency, and a collaborative mindset to engage effectively with diverse personalities.
Nice to Have:
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion, appreciating the perspectives that minority candidates bring.
- Strong client-facing skills and a professional demeanor for effective client interactions.
- International experience, with familiarity in local codes and international design standards.
- An indigenous background or perspective, aligning with our collaboration with indigenous consultants.
- Gender diversity awareness – we value the contributions of both women and men.
Our client is not your typical architecture firm. Their integrated design approach merges architecture and interior design to create exceptional spaces that leave a lasting impact. Their team of talented design professionals is driven by a shared passion for crafting unique design solutions. They operate in a collaborative open studio environment, where creativity and teamwork thrive.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com