On behalf of our Client, MatchBox Consulting Group is hiring a Senior Interior Designer to join their growing team.
They are an amazing team of diverse individuals across three studios – Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver. They provide full service architectural, interior design, and master planning with a collaborative and inclusive approach to create spaces for people that support wellbeing, cultivate community, uphold sustainable design, and provide purposeful spaces for working, living, and playing.
Their work spans a broad range of building and project types, and the foundation of our success is deeply rooted in the value we place on our relationships – with our clients, our consultants, our employees, and our teammates.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain project schedules, workplans, and EVA’s
- Prepares client fee letters, schedules, and reviews client invoicing
- Schedules work assignments, setting priorities and delegating work accordingly
- Confirms supporting project team members understanding of tasks including expected timeline of deliverables and how long they should take to complete to ensure workplan/fees are on track
- Leads site verifications and gathering space inventory data as needed
- Prepares/leads programming analysis as needed
- Prepares/leads space planning and preliminary code studies as needed
- Leads Client Meetings and reviews meeting minutes
- Prepares/leads development of design concepts and presentations materials as needed
- Prepares/leads development of furniture specifications as needed
- Coordinates Consultants and Vendors as needed
- Prepares/leads/reviews contract documents and specifications as needed
- Participates/leads in the review of construction administration submittals as needed
- Participates/leads to contract administration documentation and site walkthroughs as needed
- Provides support to design staff during all phases of a project as required
- Project manages large scaled interior design/integrated projects through all phases of work
- Oversees the project team through all phases of work
- Works independently on projects
- Able to work on multiple projects
- Keeps Departmental and Project Leads apprised of task progress and issues as they arise
- Mentor and facilitate development of intermediate design staff
- May be required to provide support or assist with various tasks at various skills levels as may be required for project and / or firm success
- 7-12 years working experience within the interior design industry on integrated projects, with references and portfolio
- Experience on integrated projects
- Strong Intermediate to Advanced understanding of building code
- Strong Intermediate to Advanced` understanding of integrated projects
- Strong Intermediate to Advanced understanding of structural, mechanical, and electrical systems
- Strong Intermediate to Advanced understanding of building components, construction methods and sequencing
- Strong Intermediate to Advanced understanding of design and construction process
- Strong Intermediate to Advanced understanding of contract documents, details, and specifications
- Strong Intermediate to Advanced knowledge on finish specifications and materials applications
- Strong Intermediate to Advanced skillset in graphic/visualization
- Strong Intermediate to Advanced skillset in hand sketching
Nice to Have:
- Experience using Bluebeam, InDesign, and SketchUp
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com