MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Senior Interior Designer to join our client, a national architectural and interior design firm that focuses on a plethora of projects in Canada.
The Senior Interior Designer will be responsible for leading interior design projects and / or integrated design projects. They will be responsible for design continuity, advocacy, and leadership, coordinating directly with the various team members, Client, Consultants, representatives from Public Authorities. Work may be associated with project tasks for a variety of scale projects. This interior design role will work in collaboration with all project team members as well as provide support to the Project Lead as applicable. This is a great opportunity to join an exciting firm and take on more responsibilities in the interior design space.
- Establish and maintain project schedules, workplans, and EVA’s
- Prepares client fee letters, schedules, and reviews client invoicing
- Schedules work assignments, setting priorities and delegating work accordingly
- Confirms supporting project team members understanding of tasks including expected timeline of deliverables and how long they should take to complete to ensure workplan/fees are on track
- Leads site verifications and gathering space inventory data as needed
- Prepares/leads programming analysis as needed
- Prepares/leads space planning and preliminary code studies as needed
- Leads Client Meetings and reviews meeting minutes
- Prepares/leads development of design concepts and presentations materials as needed
- Prepares/leads development of furniture specifications as needed
- Coordinates Consultants and Vendors as needed
- Prepares/leads/reviews contract documents and specifications as needed
- Participates/leads in the review of construction administration submittals as needed
- Participates/leads to contract administration documentation and site walkthroughs as needed
- Provides support to design staff during all phases of a project as required
- Project manages large scaled interior design/integrated projects through all phases of work
- Oversees the project team through all phases of work
- Works independently on projects
- Able to work on multiple projects
- Keeps Departmental and Project Leads apprised of task progress and issues as they arise
- Mentor and facilitate development of intermediate design staff
- May be required to provide support or assist with various tasks at various skills levels as may be required for project and / or firm success
- 7-12 years working experience within the interior design industry on integrated projects
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma from CIDA accredited post-secondary institute or equivalent education
- Proficient in Revit and AutoCAD
- AAA, NCIDQ, or any certification/license in interior design is an asset
- Experience in either multi-family, commercial, institutional, and/or industrial projects is a requirement
- Strong knowledge of the design and construction process, building code, documents, details and specifications
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ideally someone who has technical but also can leverage their creative side
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com