Our client is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Project Management Team Leader to oversee the successful execution of projects from inception to conclusion.
As the leader of the Project Delivery Team (PDT), you will be responsible for providing comprehensive project management services and ensuring the highest standards of safety, quality, and communication throughout the project lifecycle. In addition, you will play a pivotal role in contract management, design coordination, procurement, financial oversight, mentorship, and business development efforts.
- Safety and Quality: Ensure adherence to safety requirements throughout the project and support the Site Supervisor/Superintendent in implementing safety measures. Guarantee that our client’s quality standards are met at every stage of the project.
- Communication: Serve as the main liaison between all key industry partners, including the client, consultants, and trade partners. Facilitate effective and transparent communication throughout the project. Provide monthly project updates, including schedule updates, deliverables control, photos, budget updates, concerns, and constraints. Oversee shop drawing review and document management. Manage the Request for Information (RFI) process.
- Contract Management: Review and proactively manage the terms and conditions of the Prime Contract to mitigate risks and issues. Support the Site Supervisor/Superintendent in documenting Trade Partner non-compliance. Procure required project insurance and bonding if necessary.
- Design: Guide the project team through the design phase, ensuring the capture and documentation of the client’s needs and wants. Provide constructive feedback and recommendations on constructability, schedule impact, and cost impact of the design. Lead the team in identifying gaps in the design and contract documents.
- Meetings: Coordinate and chair commissioning meetings to develop a comprehensive commissioning plan. Attend and coordinate client meetings, as well as other project-related meetings. Validate and approve meeting minutes. Chair and participate in design meetings.
- Procurement: Apply for permits based on project requirements. Oversee the procurement and administration of all scopes of work, including trade partners and suppliers. Identify constraints such as product availability and long delivery items. Oversee the tender process and provide continuous budget updates. Ensure familiarity with contract documents and budget to effectively manage change orders.
- Financial: Review Trade Partners’ monthly progress bills. Prepare and submit monthly progress bill invoices and holdbacks according to contracts. Monitor project estimates to ensure they remain within budget and align with the schedule. Complete monthly work-in-progress (WIP) reporting and forecasting. Assist with cost recovery documentation and prepare claims paperwork and reconciliations for legal cases and insolvency issues. Ensure completion of Operation and Maintenance documents.
- Mentorship: Provide support and guidance to junior roles within the PDT. Foster a learning environment and recommend opportunities for professional development. Encourage teamwork and a continuous improvement mindset. Conduct performance development conversations (PDCAs) with direct reports.
- Participation in Business Development: Actively participate in seeking out new opportunities for the organization. Serve as a Westcor Brand Ambassador and promote the company’s values and expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., construction management, engineering) or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience in project management, preferably in the construction industry.
- Strong knowledge of safety regulations and quality standards.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise effectively with clients, consultants, and trade partners.
- Proficiency in contract management, including reviewing and mitigating risks.
- Solid understanding of design coordination processes.
- Proven track record in procurement and financial management.
- Strong leadership and mentoring abilities.
- Results-driven mindset with a continuous improvement focus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with relevant software tools and project management methodologies.
Our client offers a fun, engaging, and highly collaborative work environment, with special emphasis placed on career progression and personable growth. They are also heavily involved in the community, with many volunteering initiatives currently underway.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com