MatchBox Consulting is seeking a Structural Engineer to join a longstanding and well reputable Structural Engineering company recognized for being a close knit and collaborative team, while completing top notch projects to both light commercial and residential clients.
- Structural analysis and design of wood frame, concrete, steel, and masonry within the residential, multi-family and light commercial sectors
- Coordination with other engineering and architectural disciplines to ensure cost effective structural drawings that meet the clients needs/requirements
- Full project life cycle from assessment, design, permit application and services during construction.
- Coordination with the drafting department to ensure company guidelines and standards are met
- Review and approval of shop drawings developed
- Coordination with general contractors and site to ensure all revisions to projects are up to date and fall within code requirements
- Responding to requests for information/revisions from site
- Scheduling and attending Site inspections to ensure construction is proceeding in accordance with structural drawings
- Technical writing of reports (insurance claims, structural analysis of a site, etc.)
- Ensuring to meet project deadlines and client expectations while managing multiple projects
- Coordinating with Management for scheduling, deadlines, etc.
- Tracking all time associated with each job and entering it into the project management software
- •Undergraduate Degree in Civil Engineering, specializing in Structural Engineering
- Work related experience with seismic design, wood frame, steel and/or concrete preferred
- P.Eng registered with Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com