Matchbox Consulting is excited to be working with one of Western Canada’s most innovative real estate companies.
The Site Superintendent role will be responsible for overseeing trades and effectively managing daily on-site activities. This individual must possess the knowledge, experience and confidence to engage and professionally interact with the design professionals and consultants while successfully directing the sub-contractors and other construction related personnel. Planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with the construction documents, schedule and budget. This position is the leader of the site based construction team.
- Manage work on site to ensure the compliance of construction drawings and specifications Plan and implement schedules, determining manpower levels, material quantities, inspections, equipment and requirements are maintained
- Maintain and enforce good construction standards and quality control including deficiency lists Maintain a safe job site and ensure that the requirements of Occupational Health and Safety and WCB are enforced Coordinate and schedule subcontractors and suppliers Familiarity and experience with cranes & rigging
- Monitor and maintain the project construction schedule on a weekly basis Maintain control and responsibility for the security of the job site Monitor work performance to ensure project rules, procedures, and safety requirements are being followed
- Advise Project Manager of potential problems, work interferences and schedule difficulties and assist in resolving these problems
- Meet with Owners, Consultants and Architects in a professional manner and have the ability to communicate effectively both the concerns and best interests of the company
- Work with trades and suppliers reviewing, planning, coordinating and supervising their tasks and deliverables for the construction project
- Complete and maintain all daily logs, journals, and compliance reports related to the construction project
- Prepare look ahead schedules on a weekly basis for distribution subcontractors and suppliers
- Adhere to company’s purchasing (PO) procedures while ordering or receiving any needed material and equipment within delegated authority Identify items to be submitted as Request for Information to the Architect/Engineer or Owner prior to problem development at the site Update “as-built” conditions or changes in contract documents and coordinate with subcontractors, suppliers for implementation
- Ensure all certificates and final inspections have been obtained prior to project close out
Qualifications & Knowledge:
- Minimum 3 years’ as a Site Superintendent with experience in concrete tilt-up construction required
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Architecture, Building Technology or Construction Management Possess strong communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Project and MS Excel. Ability to adapt to changing conditions and proactively develop appropriate means and methods to meet and overcome challenges.
What they offer:
- A fun and inclusive culture supported by an employee-led Culture Committee with sponsorship from the President, providing you with opportunities to participate in group workouts, team sports, company-wide social events or celebrations, and other great initiatives
- A competitive compensation package with robust and extensive health benefits including a generous Health Care Spending Account.
- A Lifestyle Spending Account which includes coverage for fitness, daycare, and eldercare costs.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...