MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking an Superintendent to work on a high rise residential project in Vancouver.
Our client is one of Vancouver’s most exciting, award-winning developer-builders.
With over 30 years of experience, our client is a diversified real estate construction, development, and management company who specializes in residential, commercial, industrial, and hotel developments across North America. With a strong brand name and reputation founded on their dedication to quality and excellent customer service, our client has established themselves as a leader in the industry and a highly sought-after employer.
- Monitor work performance to ensure project rules, procedures, and safety requirements are followed
- Work with the team on planning and managing the work site to ensure the drawings and specifications are being followed
- Maintain and analyze up-to-date cost reports and submit necessary changes to ensure the project is delivered within budget
- Be aware of and get ahead of potential problems, work interference, and schedule difficulties and assist in resolving them
- 2-3 or more years of site management experience as a General Foreman, Assistant Superintendent, or Superintendent in Canada
- Experience working on multi-family is also an asset
- Expert technical knowledge with a thorough understanding of local construction processes and building codes
- Red Seal journeyman carpenter designation is preferred; in lieu of a red seal designation, a strong combination of work experience and additional education (construction operations, gold seal, etc) will be considered
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and MS Project
- Proven problem-solving skills
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of Information Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
For additional opportunities and relevant news feed, please VISIT us at http://www.matchboxhr.com and FOLLOW MatchBox on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment