MatchBox Consulting Group is looking to bring a Superintendent to join one of Vancouver's most respected and fastest growing steel contractors.
The Superintendent will be responsible for overseeing a high-level project in Sparwood, BC. This opportunity would be Fly in Fly out with a living out allowance. This is a great opportunity if you are looking to work on a large steel project with a reputable company. This position is open to candidates in British Columbia, Alberta, and Saskatchewan and offers competitive compensation, strong benefits, and opportunities for professional growth.
• Supervise the construction site and ensure that all work is being performed in accordance with the project specifications, safety guidelines, and regulatory requirements.
• Plan and coordinate construction activities, including scheduling and monitoring of subcontractors and material deliveries to ensure on-time completion of the project.
• Conduct site inspections and identify potential safety hazards or quality control issues.
• Review and interpret project plans and blueprints to ensure that construction activities are consistent with the project requirements.
• Manage civil crews and subcontracted steel erectors to install insulated wall panels.
• Monitor project budgets and report any potential overruns to management.
• Provide guidance and support to the project team, including construction workers, contractors, and subcontractors, and ensure that they have the necessary resources to complete their work.
• Manage logistics and shipping of prefabricated steel elements to the site.
• Maintain regular communication with the project team and stakeholders to ensure that everyone is aware of project milestones and any issues that arise.
• Prepare and submit progress reports and other project-related documentation as required.
• At least 5 years of experience in steel construction as a Site Superintendent.
• Strong knowledge of safety guidelines and regulatory requirements related to steel infrastructure construction.
• Proven ability to manage construction projects from start to finish, including scheduling, budgeting, and resource allocation.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with a diverse team of stakeholders.
• Proficient in reading and interpreting project plans and blueprints.
• Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and address issues in a timely and effective manner.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...