MatchBox Consulting Group is looking for a Superintendent in Kelowna, BC, for one of its well-established clients in the lower mainland.
As an experienced Superintendent you will be resourceful, intelligent, confident, and dedicated professional who is committed to building our clients trust through clarity and integrity. You will be fair, fun and firm team player who will be the yes and ears for our clients on our construction sites. This role will be reporting to the General Superintendent as well as, collaboratively working with key project team members including upper management and departments.
- Ensure site safety and report discrepancies to the supervisor promptly.
- Supervise, coordinate, and schedule on-site workers and resolve work-related issues.
- Review contract revisions with trade contractors and manage personnel matters.
- Conduct on-the-job training, requisition materials, and monitor construction progress.
- Ensure compliance with contract documents, quality standards, and safety requirements.
- Report non-conformance promptly, recommend solutions, and maintain quality control records.
- Minimum 5 years of onsite construction experience and in a similar role
- Level 1 (minimum) First Aid certification and knowledge of Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS)
- Good working knowledge of current construction methods, materials, procedures, drawings, specifications and building codes
- Budgeting and estimating skills (computer word processing and spreadsheet programs an asset).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Past experience superintending projects that have utilized Lean Construction tools and Integrated Project Delivery procurement an asset.
For more current job opportunities, Follow MatchBox at linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment/
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivaled expertise with our team's extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application. This position is open exclusively to individuals residing in Canada and legally authorized to work in Canada. Applications not meeting these criteria will not be considered.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com