MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Superintendent with institutional and/or commercial experience for our client, one of Canada’s iconic general contractors. Position location: Victoria
Our client provides a true home for construction professionals. With a coast-to-coast presence, our client offers the following
- Leading technology that makes your job easier, not harder
- Interesting projects – special projects, mixed-use, construction management, design/build, government
- Employee ownership and profit-sharing
- Excellent leadership and open-door management policy
- Strong safety policies
You will be a strong Superintendent with at least 2+ years in the role. Ideally, you have a journeyman tradesperson background combined with post-secondary education.
You will be a calm, cool, collected Superintendent with a head for problem solving and constructability. You take pride in building relationships with clients, vendors, consultants, and city officials to provide for an efficient job site.
- Overall Superintendent leadership on construction projects across the lower mainland
- Work closely with CSO and HSE Manager to ensure safe working environment
- Coordinate and sequence trades, vendors, deliveries, inspections, etc
- Work closely with Project Manager to main budget and schedule
- Ensure quality through eye for detail and craftmanship, as well as management
- Overall Superintendent experience on interior commercial and institutional projects, including commercial tenant improvement, special projects, or similar.
- Journeyman trades designation or construction management post-secondary education or equivalent experience and ongoing education.
- Track-record of delivering projects from start-to-finish and solid history job tenure and progression.
- Experience as a Superintendent in Victoria, BC
- Experience leading construction sites as a lead Superintendent is required
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of Information Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
For additional opportunities and relevant news feed, please VISIT us at http://www.matchboxhr.com and FOLLOW MatchBox on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment