MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Technical Manager, Design on behalf of our client, a prominent developer in the Fraser Valley in BC.
The Technical Manager, Design will be responsible for overseeing the business unit drafting, engineering, architectural design and approval, and permit activity. This is a great opportunity for someone with architectural experience but is looking to get into the development side. This position provides a generous compensation, excellent benefits, and an opportunity to work with one of the most highly regarded developers in BC.
- Ensuring drawings and specifications and the associated permits align with business unit goals for project starts.
- Ensuring consultant drawings are consistent with standard plans, change requests, and in compliance with building code standards and developer requirements.
- Collaborating with related internal departments to review and approve plans and change requests when required.
- Liaising with consultants to create an accurate and complete set of drawings and specifications while being mindful of construction cost impacts.
- Coordinating with Development Manager leading the project to receive and advance DP drawings.
- Collaborating with internal departments, architects, and engineering consultants to finalize all construction plans, and updating drawings to reflect amendments when necessary.
- Overseeing building permit application process, and ensuring permits and approvals are obtained in a timely manner.
- Developing BP drawings into IFT and IFC packages for Construction department.
- Prioritizing and tracking construction projects as they pertain to the business unit plan.
- Reviewing invoices received from architect and engineering consultants for processing.
- Providing drawings and renderings to Marketing department for the creation of marketing materials.
- Assisting Development Manager and Project Manager with consultant construction administration through build phase.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Engineering Technology, Environmental Engineering, Interior Design, or Architectural Technology.
- Minimum 3 years of design and drafting experience in a managerial position or onsite Design Management experience.
- Knowledge of Step Code and Net Zero Homes.
- Demonstrated ability working in Part 3 and Part 9 projects.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Strong understanding of the BC Building Code and remaining current on the changes and impacts of new and upcoming changes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint and PowerPoint) and Architectural Drafting Software (AutoCAD, SoftPlan, Revit).
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com