MatchBox Consulting Group is currently searching for a UI/UX Interaction Designer for a permanent role at one of our clients based in Vancouver.
You should have:
- Proven experience building intuitive multi-channel experiences including web and mobile applications (specifically native iOS apps)
- A goal-oriented, driven and open-minded nature with the confidence to always ask ‘why’ in order to create designs that truly solve problems
- A solid understanding of interaction design principles and the proven ability to apply those principles creatively to simplify complex interactions and interfaces
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills that make it hard for you to skip key UX activities like user journeys, workflows and user testing
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills to tell your design stories and justify decision making to fellow designers, developers and other stakeholders
- An interest in learning about different types of users, understanding their context, motivations, abilities and specific needs
- An ability to work independently and comfortable with ambiguity and change during a project
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Distill design problems and user research into elegant solutions for our users
- Create flow diagrams, wireframes, prototypes and detailed visual designs
- Present and justify creative, thoughtful design solutions to stakeholders from different departments with a collaborative mindset
- Independently prepare and run user tests on wireframes and/or working high fidelity prototypes to ensure design goals are being met
- Establish and ensure consistent visual design quality across our ecosystem of web and mobile apps
- Be the designated UX expert on interaction design standards, best practices and provide guidance on creative ways interaction design principles can be applied
- Allocate time to keeping up with new and innovative trends/tools/UI in interaction design to simplify complex experiences on the platform
- Provide detailed design documentation and answer design questions to help our development team bring your designs to life
- Invest time to understand the mining investment industry in order to design for our target audience
- Maintain, enhance and expand our clients design system
- 5 years of experience in UI/UX Design
- Proficiency in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- A strong portfolio of design projects with web and mobile case studies
- Knowledge of front-end development (HTML/CSS), how it impacts design, and the skills to provide practical feedback to Development teams
- Familiarity with technical constraints and limitations when designing for web and mobile applications (iOS). This includes knowledge of Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines, the controls available in Apple UI frameworks and familiarity with the underlying technology that powers them
- Proven ability to build exceptional products for web and mobile in a collaborative environment
- Strong creative, decision-making, multi-tasking, verbal/written communication, and analytical skills
Bonus points if you have:
- Strong illustration and motion design skills and/or experience with creating micro-interactions that leverage UI animation and motion design
- Experience with interface design for editing elements in 3D space
- Knowledge of the 3D world and software (Blender, Maya, 3DS Max)
- Proven track record in a dynamic startup environment
- Knowledge or experience in mining or capital markets
- Bachelor of Design or equivalent practical experience
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com