MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking a Vendor & Contract Specialist for a 6-month contract role at a client of ours located in Victoria. This role is remote but may require occasional on-site work in Victoria and/or Vancouver. A local lower mainland or Vancouver Island based candidate is required
- Engages with stakeholders to identify, understand, and capture sourcing and contracting needs for Technology categories of supply
- Develops sourcing strategies for key services including staff augmentation, managed services, and vendor business process service delivery models
- Coordinates Technology department stakeholders in the development and evaluation of RFPs, and leads the Technology department on other procurement activities operated by the Procurement team
- Collaborates, or leads, as the commercial SME on contracting activities
- Contributes to the development, implementation and maintenance of processes, procedures, and tools for vendor and contract management and administration operations
- Identifies risks and issues proactively, and proposes contracting and supply activities to mitigate such risks and issues for stakeholders
- Executes sourcing and contacting activities for assigned area(s) including pre-award, negotiations and post-award activities in an ethical, transparent, effective and efficient manner
- Monitors and tracks the cost savings, cost avoidance, and other benefits produced by contract management activities for assigned area(s) and develops reporting to demonstrate the results achieved
- Develops and maintains vendor profiles throughout the contract life cycle
- Collaborate with stakeholders to performance manage vendors to deliver outcomes
- Develops and delivers briefs and presentations to audiences at all levels of the organization
- Performs contract administration activities in alignment with Technology vendor management and corporate procurement procedures, tools, and templates.
- Undertakes special projects or assignments as required
- Identifies, assesses, and makes recommendations on process improvement activities
- Performs other related duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or a related field with a background or education in Technology
- Over 2 years of progressive experience in category management, strategic sourcing, and contract management, in IT/Technology supply category
- Experience with assessing supply sourcing categories for key services including staff augmentation, managed services, and vendor business process management
- Experience with multiple components of the Source-to-Pay process and developing sourcing strategies
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, verbal and written communication skills, and a clients-first approach Knowledge of contracting and vendor management for on-premise, cloud, subscriptions, and services
- Professional certifications such as Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) is an asset
- Strong proficiency with MS Office applications is required (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com