Our client has a 30+ year history of developing multi-family projects in Metro Vancouver. They've delivered thousands of high-quality wood-frame and concrete homes in all of the major regions of the Lower Mainland. They are launching a significant pipeline of concrete high-rise projects across several municipalities in Vancouver. The client has a significant landbank, income portfolio, and ongoing acquisitions. They are a fully integrated developer-builder with in-house construction, customer care, sales, marketing, leasing, and interior design.
The VP will join a strong development team and report to the EVP of development. They will focus on both product/project delivery and staff management. The VP will be able to quickly swivel from the small hands-on details associated with real estate development and construction to larger strategic issues.
- Oversee a strong pipeline of wood and concrete residential and mixed-use projects
- Ensure timely delivery of approvals and entitlements
- Manage and support a team of DCs and DMs
- Report to ownership and EVP on project milestones
- Work closely with in-house construction
- Represent the client at council
- Additional VP duties
- Full-cycle development experience, preferably in Metro Vancouver, on numerous residential projects; this entails exposure from acquisitions, through approvals, construction, leasing (if applicable), and project close-out. Experience across projects from start-to-finish is a firm requirement.
- Post-secondary education in an applicable field
- 10+ years of experience delivering multi-family projects
- Strong reputation in the industry for delivery of a strong product and for building strong relationships with consultants, vendors, trades, engineers, and municipal officials
- Knowledge of CAC negotiations, rezoning, and OCP amendments
- Leadership and communication skills
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of Real Estate & Construction, Information Technology, Engineering & Technical and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
Related JobsView all open jobs
Vancouver, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently seeking an exceptional In-House Legal Counsel to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Our client is a successful Canadian mining company that...
Maple Ridge, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 2 days ago
On behalf of our clients Matchbox Consulting is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a leading residential construction company in Maple Ridge. Responsibilities: Receive and...
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Burnaby, Canada / Direct Hire
Posted 3 days ago
MatchBox Consulting Group is currently looking for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our client, a corporation working on the largest projects in the West Coast of...