MatchBox Consulting Group has an Administrative Assistant contract opportunity with our client, a leading company in the utilities industry in BC. Our client works on several projects across the lower mainland and will provide excellent experience under it’s well-established, organized structure.
The Administrative Assistant will complete clerical and general office support tasks to optimize the capacity of a business group or process in support of achieving its mandate. This is a 4-6 month contract opportunity with a VERY high possibility of an extension! The position will have a hybrid structure, working half the time at home and half the time in the office. The office can be located in Burnaby, Surrey, or Downtown Vancouver!
• Complete the work assigned by the manager or business group by processing data, generating reports, and scheduling meetings using intermediate skills in MS Office applications as well as applicable office procedures while providing status reports as required.
• Communicate effectively with employees and appropriate third parties by responding to requests and creating meeting presentations, agendas, and minutes following the company’s business communication guidelines.
• Assist the business group or process in performing financial tasks by processing payments, and monitoring, reconciling, and reporting on assigned records in the accounting system accurately and on time.
• Ensure easy retrieval and safeguarding of the business group’s or project team’s documents by organizing files using databases and document/records management programs and following the company’s document management standards.
• Increase the group’s capacity to work on business goals by performing the staff’s select administrative tasks, resolving basic technical issues, and providing advice on more complex administrative issues as agreed on with the acquiring manager.
• 2-5 years of administrative experience
• Degree/diploma in Business Administration, or a related field
• Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Experience with SharePoint and/or SAP is a strong asset
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Is adaptable and can work well on a team, but also can work independently
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of Information Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
For additional opportunities and relevant news feed, please VISIT us at http://www.matchboxhr.com and FOLLOW MatchBox on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment