MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Civil Designer for our client, who are a smaller firm that specializes in civil engineering design for private sites related to commercial, industrial, and multi-family residential projects. They offer site services, grading, stormwater management, and erosion control.
To succeed in this role, you will have experience and skills in AutoCAD/Civil 3D design software, as well as strong communication and collaboration abilities.
In return, you will have the opportunity to work with an engaging and collaborative team, with the opportunity to grow your skills and career to new levels.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Project Engineers to create grading, servicing, and stormwater management plans
- Review various plans (site plans, survey plans, block profiles, coversheets) related to land development
- Use AutoCAD/Civil 3D to produce drawing sets for municipal submissions
- Coordinate with team members and other consultants to address design challenges
- 5-10 years of experience using AutoCAD/Civil 3D design software and Microsoft Office
- Fundamental understanding of standards for Development Site Servicing packages and Construction Drawings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions, work both independently and as part of a team
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Field experience in civil engineering is considered an asset.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com