MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking a Development Manager.
Looking for an exciting new opportunity in the construction and real estate industry? Our client, a leading construction company, is currently seeking a highly motivated Development Manager to join their team in a full-time role.
- Manage projects throughout the design and permitting phase
- Work with multiple stakeholders to establish general requirements
- Manage all client interactions from the pre-construction agreement through project turnover to the construction department
- Complete Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for necessary consultants
- Manage all consultant interactions and implementation of clients' agreed-upon needs for design
- Review plans and specifications as part of the pre-construction process in order to establish constructability issues
- Review all project documents for completeness and accuracy
- Develop and maintain pre-construction project schedules
- Value engineering exercises leading up to and through the building permit stage
- Facilitate all municipal and senior agency submissions followed by liaison with municipal contacts to ensure permit issuance on or before specified timelines as outlined in pre-construction agreements
- Manage client billings and cost procedures during the pre-construction phase
- Conduct internal, consultant, client, and municipal meetings
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Previous commercial or industrial construction experience
- Understanding of municipal processes
- Ability to read and understand design drawings
- Familiarity with software such as Timberline, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Persistent and quick learner
- Ability to prioritize and manage time well
- Strong interpersonal and detail-oriented skills
- Aptitude for stakeholder management and organizational skills
- Highly competitive salary
- Group health and dental benefits
- Opportunities for a corporate bonus
- 20 vacation days on joining
- Relocation assistance for the right candidate
- Company cell phone provided
- Opportunities for professional growth and career progression.
As a third-party recruiting agency, we are excited to help our client find the perfect candidate for this exciting opportunity. If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com