Are you an electrical engineering professional with a passion for clean energy? Does working for an electrical contractor and leading the management of EV Charging station installation and commissioning pique your interest?
MatchBox Consulting Group is seeking an Electrical Project Manager for our client – one of the fastest growing, large scale, multi-trade companies in the Canadian Market. Despite being in the industry for close to a century, they pride themselves on their start-up culture, reliability, and reputation for performing and delivering top quality work for clients across the various sectors within which they serve, including mechanical and electrical.
Working out of their Etobicoke office in the GTA, this Project Manager will join one of their newer divisions and manage the installation of EV Charging devices and stations. Projected to do over $10M in business this year alone, this individual can expect to be fully entrenched in all aspects of the projects including meeting with clients, monitoring progress, preparing reports, and ensuring solutions are delivered on time and to the best quality.
If you’re an electrical engineering professional with EV experience or with a keen interest in gaining such experience with a company who boasts an enviable work hard play hard family-oriented culture and where you can essentially create your own career growth path, this is one role you don’t want to pass up.
• Manage the full design build process from initial client consultation and concept through execution.
• Meet with the client on site to collect requirements, manage development and design process, order all necessary components, execute instillation and project execution.
• Creating, reviewing and maintaining files associated to billing
• Promptly producing and sending invoices for these jobs
• Handling all the documentation requirements associated with the smooth and successful execution of these jobs
• Monitor progress and financial performance of each project
• Oversee operational processes and documentation
• Being the key point of contact for Owners on and provide technical support to the field team
• Prepare reports and budgets
• Continually review current processes and make recommendations to improve
• Post secondary education in Electrical Engineering
• 3+ years of experience with EV charging is preferred; alternatively, the candidate must have 5+ years of electrical project management/coordination experience
• Must live within a reasonable commute of the office and own their own vehicle
• Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Able to take control of one’s own projects and is willing to do what it takes to get the job done
• Strong computer skills, especially MS Office
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is one of the leading recruitment and solutions firms that specializes in the fields of IT & Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance. We offer unrivalled expertise with our teams extensive experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. We are dedicated to building great connections and creating strong opportunities within the workforce and the labor market.
MatchBox is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including members of minority groups such as racialized individuals, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and Indigenous peoples. It is a priority for us that all candidates are treated fairly and without discrimination. Our recruitment teams receive ongoing training on using objective criteria for evaluating candidates and other related topics to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Please note that we require all interested candidates to obtain the necessary work permits from the Government of Canada prior to submitting an application.
We receive a high volume of applications and are only able to contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
Find out more at www.matchboxhr.com